Right brain learning was developed in Japan, where Dr. Makoto Shichida made popular what became known as "Right Brain Education". On any given day in his 400+ Shichida Child Academies you'll find dozens of children developing remarkable abilities like remembering up to 1,000 objects in sequential order, instantly solving complex math equations, and flipping through a 500 page book then scoring highly on a comprehension test.
Games and exercises that are targeted for right brain stimulation are often simple to play. They can quickly help increase a child's creativity, rapid thought processes, concentration and memory, as well as help develop musical aptitude, intuition and more.
Right and Left Brain Functions
If you've read our article about the characteristics of the right and left brain, you'll know that the left hemisphere of the brain learns consciously in a more systematic, logical, orderly manner through repetition, rules and fact-proving (the way most American schools teach). The right hemisphere of the brain learns subconsciously by instantly absorbing and storing visual, auditory, tactile, taste and olfactory sensations. The right brain has also been referred to as the "image brain" because these sensations are stored as images.
We found when educational games and lessons help develop both the right brain and left brain, there can be an exponential increase of the child's capacity to learn. We call this whole brain learning.
Right Brain Learning Products on Our Site
Here's a few of the products and services on our site that offer excellent right brain stimulation and whole brain activation:
- Accelerated Learning Subscription Program. This has the widest range of right brain learning materials available
- Memory Magic Super Flash Rapid Flashing Photographic Memory Games for Children - included in the subscription program above
- Memory Magic Visual Memory Eye-Tracking Games for Children - included in the subscription program above
- Wink to Learn Foreign Language learning series
- Jones Geniuses Accelerated Learning Math Kits
- Right Brain Kids series of lessons