Right Brain Left Brain Writing Training
This Right Brain Left Brain Writing Training pack is an excellent way to train your child to quickly take in information (a right brain function) and practice writing from memory (a left brain function).
Right Brain Left Brain Writing Training helps stimulate right and left brain functions
by Mercury Learning Systems LLC
Ages 1 year and up
15 printable pages with instructions for use
This right brain left brain writing training pack can be done for as little as a minute to several minutes a day depending on your child's attention span and interest. It's the same type of lesson given at the Shichida Child Academies throughout Asia. It's an excellent way to train your child to quickly take in information (a right brain function) and practice writing from memory (a left brain function).
1. Take the cards and hold them with the printed side facing your child. Place a blank card in front to hide the first card. You will want to be about two feet away from your child for this lesson. Give your child a pad of paper and pencil to write with.
2. Tell your child that, "We're going to play a fun writing game. I'm going to show you a card, then hide it. Let's see if you can write down what you saw." Ask your child to look at the card and
remember what is on it.
3. Starting with the back card, move it to the front, exposing its contents for about five seconds, then place the pile of cards face down to hide them. Ask your child to write down the names of the images, letters or numbers that was shown on the card. These can be written down in any order. A parent or teacher can help write for a younger child.
4. After your child writes down what was remembered. Show the card you flashed. If your child
got something wrong, that's okay. Point out the correct objects on the card, praise him/her for their correct answers, then say, "Here's another card, are you ready?" Continue playing in this fashion until your child can consistently get all the cards correct.
5. As your child masters 3 objects, create your own set of cards using 4 objects. They can be
almost anything as long as it's in black and white. There are lots of clip art web sites where you
can grab images from. Use your imagination!
You can play this with the whole family! Give each player a pad of paper and pencil. Assign someone to be the card flasher. When someone gets all the objects correct, they can be the card flasher next.
Read testimonials about the benefits of the Shichida Method.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.