Most educational game products are unsuitable for accelerated learning simply because they starve the learner for input. In addition, the spacing of material over too long a period of time fails to challenge young minds that are routinely underestimated in their ability to learn at a rapid pace. Look for produts that properly stimulate and activate both right and left brain functions. This post offers these expert tips.
This is an example of a game pack that uses proper learning methods. It helps young children develop instant memory, encyclopedic knowledge, vocabulary, word/object/sound association and more. Click here for more about this game pack.
Recommended Guidelines when Buying Accelerated Educational Game Products for Children
1. Aside from what some believe, educational game products for young children should not contain distorted images such as cartoon characters, etc. Find products that use accurately drawn or natural photographic images as well as appropriate colors that engage proper brain stimulation. To find out why, see our post about visual stimulation and learning.
2. Accelerated educational games are often simple to play as well as clean and focused. Avoid games that are over-stimulating with chaotic, confusing images or animations. Experts tell us that less is really more when it comes to teaching young children something new. It’s much easier to keep focus and retain what they learn when there’s little or no distraction in the materials that are presented.
3. If using music, it’s suggested we use music with a Largo tempo such as Baroque. Stay away from games that use music with a syncopated beat such as rock music. Studies show that the beats per minute (BPM) in Largo is the same as the alpha brain wave state, which is best suited for study. Experts say syncopated beats are actually detrimental to learning. Click here for more information about the proper types of auditory stimulation for study and learning.
4. Lessons and games for young children should engage both left and right brain functions rather than just left brain or logic-based functions. Click here to see our whole brain learning products.
5. Children’s educational game products should uplift and stimulate your child’s mind with positive thoughts and feelings rather than titillate the senses with sensual or aggressive feelings. These block the proper types focus and concentration needed for rapid learning.
6. It’s more beneficial when educational games and exercises for young children or babies involve the parent or whole family together, which helps build a loving bonding experience.
7. Lessons that are hand-crafted or assembled by both the parent and child also help the parent and child bond.
8. Lessons should be presented in a loving, patient, calm way. If you or your child are upset, it’s best to wait until both are calm and at peace.
9. Keep lesson subjects fresh and interesting to prevent boredom or disinterest.
10. Games for babies and young children should not be competitive. Competition can put the mind in a stressful mode, which can block the process of accelerated learning and proper stimulation. However, when children are older, they may enjoy challenging, competitive learning games alone or in a group.